Have you been negatively impacted by COVID-19? Did you lose your job? Are you considering it might be time to make a career change that proves more fulfilling? Amid the struggles and challenges of 2020, the job outlook for dental assistants is positive, so if you’re looking for a reason to switch career paths and turn to a field that remains high in demand, read on to learn how dental assistant courses can help you take the next step.
The Job Outlook
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, it is estimated that the employment of dental assistants will increase by 7% from 2019-2029. The reason for the continued increase and demand is largely in part because of the aging population and the need for improved oral health. When smiles remain healthy so do bodies, which is vitally important, especially for geriatric populations.
With the pay scale increasing to an average of $40,080 per year (as of 2019), this specific number is based on various factors (i.e., location, skillset, education, etc.).
Reasons to Make the Switch
Because 2020 has been an especially difficult year with so many individuals losing their job, you may fall in line with those who are looking to reinvent themselves in 2021. If dental assisting is of interest to you, there’s no better time to match the switch to a career that is only improving and looking better for aspiring individuals each year. Here are just a few of the many reasons enrolling in a dental assisting program is a good idea:
- Dental assisting programs are fast-paced, allowing you to achieve the certification you need to begin working in a fun and exciting field.
- Dental assisting classes are hands-on, which means you get the first-hand experience of learning what it is like to work in a dental practice before you graduate.
- Dental offices are always looking for aspiring dental assistants, so it may not be as hard to find your first job opportunity in your area.
- Dental assisting is a great way to make money to support yourself or your family. If your current career lacks in providing the money you need, you’ll be pleased to learn dental assistants can earn up to $40,000a year, depending on where you live.
- Your schooling prepares you for a lucrative and rewarding career that makes a difference in people’s lives. From creating a warm and welcoming environment for patients to addressing their concerns so they can have a positive and stress-free experience, being a dental assistant is a fulfilling career choice.
- There are numerous opportunities for growth once you’ve completed dental assisting school. If you choose to further your education and obtain additional certifications and experience, you can go on to become a dental hygienist, office manager, or insurance claims professional.
About Dental Assistant Pro
For more than 25 years, Dental Assistant Pro has been providing aspiring dental assistants with essential knowledge and hands-on skills learning. Our philosophy is the best dental assisting training should be taught in a dental office at an affordable cost, so why not take a chance and enroll in our 10-week course schedule? It’s now more affordable than ever to become a dental assistant! To learn more about us, visit our website or call (614) 202-3919.